20071003

Fine

Needing to get downtown, I got on my bike for the first time since the accident. The pedals are warped, but usable. The gearbox is fine unless I go into the lowest gear, at which point it ends up in my rear spokes.

The path is the same as I took last time, and when I get to the point where I fell, my mind blanks. I know I slowed down as I approached the area, I get a flash of twisting the front wheel left and right a few times, but that's it, a memory hole for that area. Had there been a car in the street like the bus was there last time, I would have collided with it. Thinking back to those flashes, the front wheel all over the place, I'm lucky I didn't fall again.

After that section, I was fine.

Coming home later that evening, riding through the same area a second time, fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home