20070720

Another room

Back when I first started drinking, I was at this party, knocking back drink after drink. It wasn't a bring your own alcohol, everything was provided, and I drank with that in mind. Between drinks, I spoke with everyone. Sometimes in one on one conversations, other times in groups. Eventually someone took my glass away, I protested for a sentence or two, and then resumed talking to somebody else.

Lying in the hallway later, my coat draped over me like a tiny blanket and a bucket sitting next to my head, I could hear them all in another room laughing and talking. I could swear that at times I even heard them mentioning my name. I saw myself getting up and joining them in there, walking in and joining in with the laughing and talking, but I couldn't. I couldn't move. So I just lay there and listened to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home