20070726

An eclipsed sun

One of my exes, her family they used to film everything. I know this not because I ever saw them holding a camera, but because on weekends they'd watch movies of things that happened way back when. Their uncle streaking at a family gathering by the lake. Trips to theme parks, camping, big cities.

One film I always remember is a garage sale that one of the daughters held with a friend of hers. They were selling little trinkets that they didn't want any more. Dolls that were no longer cool. Toys that were too young for them. But that's not why I remember it though. What I remember is that the camera was always on the daughter. The combination of her movement and the panning of the camera always had her in the foreground, her friend an eclipsed sun. Where you could only see her outer edges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home