20071010

Stocking shelves

My shifts are from noon to nine on the days that I work. Perfect hours. Noon is too early to get together with friends in the morning, nine is too late to get together with friends at night. Perfect for making sure that I don't have a life outside of work.

But what about the days where I don't work? Well, those days, those days I never know what they are until the last minute. There is no fixed schedule, it differs from week to week. The work week goes from Sunday to Saturday, and they give out the schedule on Fridays. Meaning if I have Sunday off, I only know about it two days in advance, although really only one day because by the time I find out what my schedule is, it's too late to make plans, I'm already at work.

This morning, after waking up but before getting out of bed, I had one of those hazy semi-awake dreams. The ones where I know I'm awake in bed, but there's images happening in my head. The images were of me stocking shelves. The instant coffee jars with the rubber edged lids that are so easy to stack. They're on sale this week, two for five dollars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home