20071020

Walking dollar signs

Some anglophones, when I tell them about my job, they ask if facing is when we turn the labels French side out. No. It isn't. Nobody does that.

The company I work for is a corporation. It only has one value, making money. That's it. It cares about making money. If I were to actually make sure that the labels weren't just showing the product name, but actually showing on a particular side, that would take me extra time, and cost them extra money. They aren't interested. Ideally, for them, facing will be done so that half the labels are French, and the other half are English. Why? So that anglophones can find their products as easily as francophones. So that they can buy more stuff. So that they can spend more money. The company I work for doesn't care about separation. Culture. Language. Francophones. Anglophones. We are all just walking dollar signs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home