20070426

Disconnected

After stripping down to my boxers I lay down in her bed, kicking at the sheets until they fall over the side. She lies down next to me in her pyjamas. The sun is creeping in through the window onto my leg, my stomach is growling, but I just lie there.

We speak until the window goes black again. To someone who couldn't speak any English, it would look like we're having a conversation in that bed. That conversational back and forth is there. To someone who speaks English though, they'd notice that what she says never has anything to do with what I just said, and what I say has nothing to do with what she just said. We're both just talking to the other person. Saying things completely disconnected from anything that was said before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home