20070302

With

On the bus, I'm surrounded by all these girls in pleated skirts and white blouses. They're all arguing about who gets to ride in which car. This girl's parents, they're going to pick them up at the metro and so they have to be divided into two groups. This would be easy except Tammy wants to ride with Julie. Vanessa wants to ride with Christie and Sharon. And every time she decides who goes into what car someone pipes up and says, but wait, I wanted to ride with Tammy. I wanted to ride with Lucy. With Christie. With Nikki.

The first family dinner I ever brought my first girlfriend to, there was an argument as to who would sit next to who. It was between my cousins, my brother, and my girlfriend. The table had to be carefully arranged so that everyone got to sit between two people they wanted to sit next to. Me, I sat between my uncle and my grandmother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home