20070227

Possessions

Unlimited access to movies, music, television, and books for a flat fee, that's the promise of the Internet. There's a list on my computer of albums I want to hear. Books I want to read. Movies and television series I want to see. Every night while I'm asleep, the fan of the computer is humming in the background. My first act upon waking is to cross a few items off the lists.

Once a week, I take the subway to the east side of the city, grabbing a transfer as I leave the station. My bag is filled with possessions that a nearby store will give me money for.

Bag lighter, wallet thicker, I walk back to the station and catch a bus going west. Paying with the transfer from the station.

When I go to bed at night, those lists I keep, they're longer than they were when I woke up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home