20070222

Three legs

Walking home, there's an empty car idling with the driver's side door open. As I near, a man comes out from behind my building, buttoning his trousers. He gets in the car and drives away.

As the winter goes on, there are more and more patches of yellow snow. The sidewalk I'm walking on, I have to swerve like a drunk in order to not step in them.

There's this dog with three legs I see when I do my groceries in the afternoon. Two in the back, one in the front. His owner walks him in the afternoons at pretty much the same time every day. The dog, every step he takes, you could swear his head was about to hit the pavement. Whenever I see them, I always make sure to slow my pace, keep behind them. Walk with them as much as possible. I still haven't seen the dog make a patch of yellow snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home