20080627

Circumstances

Sitting in the bar, the person in front of me, I'm lip syncing the words coming out of her mouth as she breathes them. The people I'm here with, the ones I've recently met from hospital, I've met them all before. Right down to the woman who has a different name, but otherwise is a carbon copy of all the women I've had long term relationships with.

On one of the social networking sites, they have something called the Friends list. If I've met you, odds are you've ended up on that list. And, odds are, your name there is the only remnant of the circumstances that threw us together. The only part of you that's still in my life. Looking through that list, you'll know every job I've ever worked, every school I've ever attended. All that's missing is where I am now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home