20140901

After

Perú was foreseen two years ago when Audray and I left Bolivia. We said we would continue along suramérica together.

She was not with me in Perú.

Instead, I travelled alone.

Having now come back I know that travelling alone means having no one who draws the same connections as you between places. No one to share their point of view. To help you see things differently. No one to talk to about everything during. After. No one to verify that it really happened. No one to make sure you never forget.

The lines at Nazca, sandboarding, the kids who wanted a picture with me at Machu Picchu, the chess set I didn't buy, the Jack Layton quote, campaign posters, the god of futból, the rainbow flag, bungee jumping, street sweepers in Nazca, lomo saltado, how rice and potatoes are served with casi every meal, how everyone got hot showers in Cusco except me, hostile hostel sex, the aqueducts of Nazca, Cañon del Colca, el monasterio, Ollantaytambo,Scooby snacks, never seeing las salinas, the overnight ride from Cuzco to Nazca, tipping, that awesome big green sour cactus fruit, how the women sold me my Real Garcilaso t-shi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home