20140803

Flash


Cameras are not my strong suit. I know to point and click. I know that even though your phone claims to take enormous pictures of like fourteen terabytes, the lens is too tiny to take a picture with a level of detail that would require that sort of capacity. That when it comes to lenses, bigger is often better.

One other thing I know, that I always forget, is that this camera that I'm using defaults to using a flash when it's dark outside. Even though that flash often results in very ugly pictures where the colours are all wrong. Consequently, many of my first pictures are taken with the flash, before changing the settings to no flash.

Which is how I've learned something else about cameras, apparently when you take a flash picture, the shutter speed increases.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

cool to see the two photos together. I think in this case I prefer flash.

10.8.14  
Blogger christopher hearns said...

As do I. Particularly because my eyes alone only saw the first one. I was quite surprised when I saw the photo and the water wasn't travelling in smooth straight lines like my eyes told me.

11.8.14  

Post a Comment

<< Home